This past week marked my fourth Mother's day and Delaney's third Birthday. With all that happening it was hard not to spend time reflecting on how fast Delaney is growing up and how much it means to me to be her Mommy.
On Delaney's birthday I spent time looking back through all the pictures of her since the day she was born. It's almost impossible to think, when I see those pictures, that she was the same little girl she is today-it seems my baby has turned into a little girl in the blink of an eye. In three years she has learned to crawl then walk then run and jump, now she rides a tricycle, she learned to talk and now to sing, to feed herself and now to help me make her favorite foods.
Probably the most amazing is how quickly she learned to express herself. She can tell us what she wants and how she wants it, what she doesn't want or doesn't like. She expresses her emotions and her empathy for others. She has a sense of humor. Among her many recently acquired expressions is, "be awesome" usually used in reference to something we are about to do or somewhere we are about to go. It occurred to me that too often we use the word "awesome" which literally means, "that which inspires awe" to describe mundane and everyday things and not to describe things that truly inspire awe within us.
What I do know D is that being your Mommy really is awesome.....
Happy Birthday baby girl...I love you
1 comment:
Les, I love the picture sequence. It truly is amazing how fast she's grown, and how much they learn. I miss you. love, m
Post a Comment